Monday, April 25, 2011

Tyler's Ultimate. MMM...

So... I have decided to be an idea stealer :) I am going to steal Amy Adam's (Well i guess the Julie character she played in the movie, Julie and Julia) idea!

julie

Only with a different Cook... Not Julia Child's, Tyler Florence from the show Tyler's Ultimate on the Food Network. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get a picture of the actual cookbook but i will take a picture a post it later! If you know me then you know that I Follow him and ONLY him when it comes to cooking. I love cooking although it is hard for me to do because of a few reasons. I have not done it much the last two years. Reason One. Ethan. Reason 2. Trevor Reason 3. Almost Two STRAIGHT years of Pregnancy! Reason 4. For the last 8 months, not a full kitchen ( ie. No stove or microwave, although I do have a microwave oven and a large electric skillet. :) ) These things maya become obstacles so we will see how often my moms kitchen is put to use throughout the course of this endeavor! ha ha. Reason 5. Pure Laziness! 6. Groceries are expensive (Thank you WIC) I have already completed 2 recipes out of the first of his cookbook that I will be navigating. No particular Order. No particular timing. VERY particular items that have me going to 3-4 different grocery stores a week! Very delicious food so far. mmm. It has me (and ADAM) trying things we would have NEVER before) It is fun. I will be following recipes to a T even if there are items that I (and ADAM) do not care for. The first two recipes I tried, BOTH had items that Adam or me did not care for, but ALAS, they were great! First one had mushrooms (adam HATES mushrooms but i told him the before we die I will make him appreciate them :) ) and the second had lime (I don't particularly like it (at aALL) but it was a nice flavor mixed with its brother ingredients which were spicy) lesson learned! Tyler Florence know EXACTLY what he is doing. So tonight! We are having cauliflower soup. My first thought, Interesting. ha ha. Couldn't it be like cheese coup? ha ha. Oh well! When I asked adam if he like cauliflower he said, "Not particularly" ha ha. so we will see if we end up actually eating it for dinner. Adam does not like much food outside of the norm home-cooked American meals but the nice thing is, no matter WHAT it is if I cook it, he will eat it :) So I have stopped asking him his opinion before I make the food, only after :) If i ask before he always asks me, very politely to make something different or makes a nice suggestion of what sounds good to him. ha ha he is so sweet. Two reasons why he eats it even if he does not like it. He was trained fairly well on his mission to eat things he does not like as to not be rude. 2. he always says, "my grandpa always told me to finish my plate, they know how to really be grateful for the blessings they have." Grandpa and Grandpa Bowman are one of a kind grandparents. Some of the kindest and most pure hearted people I have EVER met. So here is to Tyler Florence, and me actually completing a challenge (they usually seem to fizzle out so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment