Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tyler's Ultimate. The Ultimate chicken wings with curry-lime butter. Recipe #2

So my second recipe is titled The Ultimate Chicken Wings with curry-lime butter.

My first thoughts. I hate curry and I hate lime. ha ha. so not such a promising start but I trusted him ;) And to my surprise, yet again, it was absolutely delicious. My sister and I were drooling..

I made it for my side that I brought to Easter. Well, actually, because of the rain Easter was brought to us! But that is a story for another time. Here is the funny and sad, embarrassing part. I am pretty sure that the only 3 eaten, were the two that I ate and the one that my sister ate ha ha. I will admit that they did not look nearly as appealing as his picture but they tasted great! Well here the recipe, I hope that you try it. It is really great!

*NOTE* *** This recipe is Tyler Florence's. NOT MINE. It is from HIS cookbook, Tyler's Ultimate. Brilliant simple food to make anytime. ***

Ingredients

4 pounds chicken wings
Extra Virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
Zest and Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
Splash of soy sauce
handful of cilantro leaves, for garnish

Preparation

Preheat oven to 425°.

Rinse the wings in cool water and pat dry. Put wings in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread the wings out on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, until the the skin gets crisp brown and the meat is tender.

While you wait, throw the butter, red curry paste, lime zest and juice, honey, and soy sauce into a blender. Season with salt and blend mix. Scrape the curry-lime butter into a big bowl. When the wings come out of the oven slide them right into the bowl with the butter. Give them a toss and you're done. Scatter the cilantro leaves on top and serve.

*NOTE* *** This recipe is Tyler Florence's. NOT MINE. It is from HIS cookbook, Tyler's Ultimate. Brilliant simple food to make anytime. ***

Now, here are some things I would change. I cooked them for 37 minutes. When I took them out at 25, they still looked a little underdone. At 37 minutes they were perfect inside, BUT, the outside was not crisp. So I after I let them soak in the butter for a little bit I put them back in under a low broiler for 10 minutes, to crisp the skin and voila! They were great. Afterward I tossed them in the butter again. Do not worry, I tasted them after the 25 minutes and they were great too! I have this hold up with chicken and I always overcook it to avoid eating it undercooked. ha ha. I am paranoid and one day I am sure I will learn how to truly cook chicken. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think! Until next time.

Happy Cooking!

PS I will start taking pictures of the food! Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment