Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BOM 2 Nephi Chapters 1-5

Book of Mormon

2 Nephi Chapters 1-5

1
This seems like a pump up speech. Like a energetic slap on the butt by the coach before a BIG game. It makes me feel excited and motivated for the adventures and trials to come.

2
I love vs. 13. I would like an athiest to deny this logic. I am sure they would have great arguments and I am no scholar but it just makes sense. I am also sure they would somehow use science in their refute but it is like the Camerlango says in ANgels & Demons the movie... Science and faith are not enemies, and we should not punish the one for being too young to understand what the other one knows thorugh faith. Well, it says something like that. But that makes sense too. Why can the world not use science to help religion progress instead of constantly trying to denegrate it. Or like in Thor when he says your people call it science, we call it magic. Why can we not just use science to create magical miracles that help prove that the Lord lives. In a perfect world right? :)

3
i love how Lehi is speaking to his sons individually. He truly has a testimony of the Lord and the things that are to come. It is beautiful and inspiring.

4
the monologue in this chapter amazes me. When Nephi is repentant of all his sins it makes me think, heck if you are a sinner, then what am i? :)

5
It amazes me how dumb Laman and Lemuel are. How many signs do they have to be given to understand that they are not righteous and they need to change their ways. Sheesh. I will bet you Heavenly Father feels that way about me sometimes, or most of the time :)

I hope you enjoyed and I hope there is at least 1 of you following me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment