Monday, May 2, 2011

Whirlwind weekend.

Wow. So it seems that weekends just continue to go by faster and faster :( so sad because those are the good times with DADDY! Come monday, the boys and I are deprived of our favorite person, but something else that comes along with parenthood is busy busy busy time so the days go by fast too. Downside to all this time flying by? the TIME with your BABIES, literally slipping through your fingers so fast you want to cry :( My babies are in terms, still babies, but growing too fast for my liking. At this rate I don't know if 4 years is soon enough ;) For Ethan I miss the littleness and the cuddle time :( With Trev its the sleepy sleepy cute cute newborn stage that I miss. BUT with the fast times come new fun things so I cannot complain really. For Ethan its the constant running and talking and literally learning something new EVERYDAY (whether is is good or not :) ) and with Trev it is rolling over and ALMOST crawling and finding his voice. So many new things, so little time!

So this weekend was a blast, we did so much. From going to church ;), to seeing old friends, to anticipating a new start like christmas eve, to trying new recipes :) It was a whirlwind and a blast.

Yes, I FINALLY went to church! I must be a heathen right? well I will take judgement from ANYODY who has children 11 1/2 months apart and a husband with a calling that occupies him the last 2 hours of church. And if you did go to church as soon as possible after the birth of the of the second with a no husband help, than more power to you. you are most definitely a stronger person than I am. And I will be the first person to admit it. I have not braved church weekly for a few reasons. and yes most of them are excuses. I have two under nursery age, both still babies and at SUCH different points it is hard enough to cater to their needs gracefully at home when no one is watching, let alone in front of the entire ward. I do not want to be the distracting mom in every hour! If i am not feeding one, or it is not one (or both) of their nap times, then i am just plain tired and do not have the energy to keep up chasing after the one and holding the other. Another reason why it is GREAT to live with family! My single, younger (by 14 months) sister has offered to watch the little one while i attend church with the other, because her ward does not start until 1 while ours is at 9. PERFECT! Thank you Jaime! This will only be necessary for a couple more months seeing as Ethan will be in nursery then. I have wanted to go to church for SO long now, but have not had then strength to brave it. I am so thankful for this help from family :)

On another note, I am sure you could tell that I did not blog at all over the weekend! Well, I forgot to mention that weekends will be my off time! I want to spend every minute with my family as possible! It is really nice to not have any obligations... Well, at least for a little while.


This weekend I had the opportunity to reunite with an old, GREAT friend. Lindsey Monson (as I knew her) although, now she legally Lindsey Harmer. She married Jace (sorry about the spelling), after waiting for him while he served a full time mission for the LDS church (2 full years!) impressive. Apparently, they were made for each other. Also, they welcomed Jayden (almost 1 year old little girl) into their family and I had not yet had the opportunity of meeting their cute little ball of a daughter. Still I am not yet too acquainted  with Jayden seeing as she slept the ENTIRE time that they were over. We had them and their parents, Debbie and Conrad (Bishop) Monson over for dinner on sunday afternoon (fast sunday :) ). After good food (idaho picnis) and lots of talking (they ALMOST missed their plane!) I remember just exactly why I was friends with Lindsey... She is as sweet as they come. A true kind hearted person, a lovely wife and a adoring mother. I miss you Lindsey lou, oh so much and cannot wait to see you again, hopefully sometime soon!

I also have 3 BOM chapters to post as well 2 more Tyler Florence recipes to post as well as upcoming posts for Heather Sargeant Photography! So keep your eye out, yay! Until the next post!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Heather B! I seriously have not stopped thinking about you and your precious family since we left.
    I think you are doing an outstanding job as a mother. I struggle enough with the one.
    I just hope that fate brings us together sometime in the future because by golly I miss you! You forget how much you miss someone until you see them again.

    ReplyDelete