Monday, May 2, 2011

tyler's Ultimate. The Ultimate Spicy Crab Salad. Recipe # 6

So about Recipe #6. My first real disappointment :( I did NOT like this recipe. I used it as an appetizer over the weekend and there were mixed results. Some people liked it, and me and my sister did not. I believe more liked it than not, but it was not for me. Maybe I should have used more FRESH crab but I got it at the deli and maybe I should have used lump crab meat instead of claw meat but i figured there would not be much of a difference and I could not find the lump crab meat. I put in extra mayo after tasting it the first time and not liking it, and it seemed to help. I wish I would have gone easy on the chili paste. Not much of it was eaten. I think the best thing I made all weekend was the homemade tortilla chips. Delicious!


Here it is... Straight from the foodnetwork.com site itself :)


Ingredients

For the surf:

  • 1 pint lump crabmeat, picked over for bits ofshell and cartilage
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon hot chile paste (recommended:sambal oelek)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • lime, juiced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

For the surf:
In a medium bowl, stir the crabmeat together with the mayonnaise,chili pastecilantro, and lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment