Friday, May 13, 2011

Oh Mother's Day, how I love thee.

Mothers Day. The day that we celebrate being a mom, having a wife that is a mom, having a daughter that is a mom, having a grandma that is a mom, and being a daughter of a mom :) 

What a glorious day. At church we are celebrated and admired, at home we are loved and adored. It is so sweet to be reassured of the precious job that we hold. The most precious part to me is that Heavenly Father has allowed me to be a mom. Although I did not know that being this tired was possible, I also had no IDEA that being this HAPPY was possible.  Ethan and Trevor are two of my THREE best accomplishments. I love them with all of my heart. The joy it gives me to raise two children in the gospel, even though they may not know it yet, is so great. I have been so blessed to have them in my life. They have taught me so much, and although I have a long way to go, I could not be here without them. Patience, long-suffering, love, joy, happiness, kindness, innocence, humility........ These are just a small portion of what I have learned from my children. They have also shown me that they have an amazing father, without whom I could not do near as much for my babies. Through everything ( sleepless nights, poopy diapers, peeing on mommy, tons of money, crying ) I have simply fallen in love and with always be so grateful that I have had the opportunity to be in their lives. 

"God placed within women divine qualities of strength, virtue, love, and the willingness to sacrifice to raise future generations of His spirit children." Quentin L. Cook

Thank you to all of the mommies that have been an example to me and in turn benefited Ethan and Trevor.
Jacque Denise Brown (my mom) - Thank you for teaching me that there is always someway to be better for my children :), Linda Brown (my grandma) - Thank you for teaching me to love so deeply, Caroline Taylor (my grandmother) - Thank you for teaching me that love can move past distance, Sandy Renee Sargeant (my mother-in-law) - Thank you for teaching me to that can go deeper and further than blood says it does <3, Bonnie Bowman (my grandmother-in-law) - Thank you for teaching me that love is truly for a lifetime + eternity... There are many other women out there who have influenced mine and my families lives for the better and I thank you as well. I love you all and I am so grateful for you.


IMG_9331

IMG_9244 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment